- LVG Looks To Turn United’s Fortune Around At The Hawthorns
- Barcelona, Madrid Record Victories Ahead of El Clasico
- Gary Lineker Blasts Wenger: Says Arsenal Manager is ”Arrogant And Patronising”
- Liverpool Fans Attack Balotteli On Twitter After Shocking Miss Against QPR
- QPR Manager, Harry Redknapp Mocks ”Fat” Taarabt
- Swansea Manager Accuses Victor Moses of Cheating
- Swansea To Prevent Bony From Traveling to Sierra Leone For Fear of Ebola Virus
- Injured Theo Walcot Features For Arsenal Reserves After 286
- Liverpool Suffers Sturridge Set Back, As Returning Striker Picks Another Injury
- Keshi Recalls Moses, Enyeam as Super Eagles Face ”a Must Win” Match Against Sudan
Inter Milan Ready To Lure Chelsea Striker To Serie A
- Updated: April 15, 2014

The overhaul of Chelsea’s strike-force this summer could yet include the departure of the club’s record signing, Fernando Torres to inter Milan after the Italians reiterated their interest in the Spain forward.
Torres, a £50m arrival from Liverpool a little over three years ago, has claimed a European Cup and Europa League while with Chelsea and could yet add a further Champions League to his haul of honours with a meeting with another of his former clubs, Atlético Madrid, awaiting in the semi-finals. Yet his impact at Stamford Bridge has been inconsistent, and arguably blighted by untimely injuries and suspensions this season, to leave him currently behind Samuel Eto’o and even, at present, Demba Ba in the pecking order.
José Mourinho suggested last week that the 30-year-old World Cup winner still had a role to play at the club, with two years still to run on his contract. But Chelsea intend to instigate a radical revamp of their forward line next term – the Atlético striker Diego Costa will be pursued, and could potentially be joined by another high-profile arrival – with Eto’o expected to depart under freedom of contract, Ba effectively made available and Inter’s interest in Torres likely to be explored.
It remains to be seen whether the Serie A club would be willing to match Torres’ hefty wage package of around £160,000-a-week, or indeed if the player would be keen on moving to San Siro, but Inter have confirmed the Spaniard is an option they may pursue.
The club’s general manager, Marco Fassone, was interviewed on Italian radio and asked specifically about Torres. “He is one of the names that interests us, and even [club] president [Erick] Thohir has not made a mystery of the fact that they interest us,” said Fassone. “Who will be the right candidate in the end has yet to be defined.”